1. Duan, S., Zhang, J., Roe, P., & Towsey, M. (2014). A survey of tagging techniques for music, speech and environmental sound. Artificial Intelligence Review, 1-25.
2. Duan, S., Towsey, M., Zhang, J., Truskinger, A., Wimmer, J., & Roe, P. (2011, 6-9 December). Acoustic component detection for automatic species recognition in environmental monitoring. Paper presented at the 7th International Conference on Intelligent Sensors, Sensor Networks and Information Processing (ISSNIP).
3. Duan, S., Zhang, J., Roe, P., Towsey, M., & Buckingham, L. (2012, 11-15 November). Timed and probabilistic automata for automatic animal call recognition. Paper presented at the 21st International Conference on Pattern Recognition (ICPR).
4. Duan, S., Zhang, J., Roe, P., Wimmer, J., Dong, X., Truskinger, A., Towsey, M. (2013, 14-18 July). Timed probabilistic automaton: a bridge between Raven and Song Scope for automatic species recognition. Paper presented at the 25th International Conference on Innovative Application of Artificial Intelligence (IAAI).
5. Duan, S., Zhang, J., Roe, P., & Towsey, M. (2013, 23 March). Automatic animal species recognition. Poster presented at the 1st Conference on Birds of Tropical and Subtropical Queensland Conservation (BTSQ).